Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sunshine Soup

There's not usually too many dislikes in this house (except Zeke, who's having a funny stage with food at the mo) but pumpkin soup isn't a favourite. Quinn and I will eat it for ages, Michael doesn't mind it sort of, and that's about it. So I thought I'd modify it slightly, and rename it, serve with fresh focaccia & butter and see how it goes.

So 'Sunshine Soup' what a paffy name eh... who would name their soup that? LOL (ah... me)...
onion, garlic, chilli, mixed herbs and curry powder browned in olive oil on the stove top +
butternut pumpkin, carrot, potato in the slow cooker, salt and a good lashing of yummy butter...
well with some extra butter added and some corn kernels, I am planning on it tasting like butter and corn on the cob ;)

I will let you know if it was a roaring success or flopping failure LOL
Brooke did a blind taste test just then and didn't fall about the floor faking being poisoned so that's a start - 'mmm' with a positive up-lilt at the end... so far so good...

edit: It's a WINNER! pics to come :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...